Wednesday 10 February 2016

9M4GPT - Yaesu Wires-X + Fusion System, and DV4 Mini too

Over the past few days last week, I spent some of my time setting up my Wires-X. Thanks to 9M2FRI/PA3FRI (OM Martin) who brought the HRI-200 from Netherlands. To prepare the Wires-X, I've bought myself an FTM100DR to be the gateway radio, FT2DR, a handheld so I could test it easily. I've my FTM400DR for quite sometime and that is my main radio in one of my car.

My current gateway setup, FTM100DR + HRI-200.



As of now, my Wires-X node is set to be in an analog mode. Reason being, there is no digital DR1X repeater available locally right now and the HRI-200 couldn't be set to do AMS AUTO.

The Wires-X running on my Windows 10 PC. Look for MY-9M4GPT node 14060 or Room MY-KL-9M4GPT. Someone will probably waiting for you to make a contact from all over the world.



I did my very first test in C4FM across the continent with VK4GO (OM Art from Australia) this morning. For some reason, the voice coming in from the internet to RF was quite soft when it was on analog. I need to take another look at how this Wires-X being setup. The quality in C4FM was excellent and this is my first real QSO in digital mode. I am looking forward to have a digital repeater and Wires-X set up in KL. I have no idea when this can be materialised but hopefully soon.

BTW. I have ordered a DV4 Mini last week and am currently waiting for it to arrive. Ordered mine from Wireless Holdings LLC in US since I couldn't get hold of one from their main distributor in Germany. The dongle seems to be like a hot cake, snapped in no time when they've them in stock. I will probably using my newly arrived Raspi2 along with the dongle for the hotspot setup. It will probably running on DMR, just need to wait for my DMR radio to be ordered of the Internet.

No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...