Skip to main content

Weekend adventures ..

Yeah .. yeah.. not into the wilderness but into my hams world. TPT will talk nothing but his hams world nowadays :) Anyway, worked on 10m with Pak Arif again, YC9MDX from Timor Island.. though I've heard few other stations, the pile up from other 9W2s.. so, forget it.. those hams were trying to get to Europe and we were seem to be disturbing them.. I wonder, when they specifically calling a region (e.g CQ Europe), should we interrupt them?

Anyhow, did my adventure into APRS world too. As per my previous posting, I have my Dell ready and I was using Rigblaster P&P from my FT897D as temporary APRS fill-in digipeater+igate. So, since I got from Mr Posto my FT60R's battery eliminator on Saturday, I spent my weekend trying to build the radio<->pc interface. I started on Friday evening and stayed up till wee hours in the Saturday morning and given up.. I could not get the PC to trigger the PTT line.. so, on Saturday evening, I started to look into it again.. replaced the optoisolator, wouldn't budge .. removed the diode, same thing, removed the LED .. same thing .. the voltage won't go to +5V as expected .. so .. took the connector off .. just the USB<->RS232 thingy.. guess what, AGPWE wouldn't trigger the CTS line high.. for whatever reason. Rummaged through my boxes of junks .. and found an RS232 cable .. good.. good.. and connect it to COM1 .. and guess what.. there.. the red LED on the FT60R lights up.. damn.. I spent hours to troubleshoot .. and it was the USB<->RS232 thingy that caused the problem. Reconstructed everything, clean up the mess I did on my table and underneath it .. and clean up the experimental box that contains the circuit that I did on a veroboard (sorry, I didn't shoot any photo before it went inside the box.. and too lazy to open up the box again..).. and photos here are the result of my hard work .. hi.hi.hi

!

The box.. will show the inside if I ever need to open it up.. yes, I use silicon glue to glue up the DB9 port there :) Left side goes to the radio and the two cables on the right go to PC.


The radio .. using battery eliminator .. and look closely, you see that I cut off the connector to the remote mic and replaced it with a pair of stereo plugs. I did it because it is a hassle to find a 4-pin plug which fits into the FT60R speaker/mic plug. So, there .. I could use both remote mic and the interface by unplugging one and replugging another to the female stereo plug. Surely, bad thing is to mix the power supply with my other rigs which somehow putting QRM on the receiving audio.. I tried putting that ferrite bead, helps a little.. need to get a separate power supply I guess.

Anyway, you could check the result here:

Comments

bK said…
Salam Bang.

Tumpang Tanye.

Do you have the Interface punya schematics ? Im trying to build one of my own jugak. tp led tu menyala aje.

bile cucuk kat pc speaker je, terus dia TX sendiri non stop.

buat masa ni dah puas dah trouble shoot. pening gak.

any schematics or tips boleh bagi ?

Tq.
9W2TPT said…
bK,

Nak dapatkan schematic dia boleh downlod dari sini:

http://www.kb3kai.com/tnc/notes.pdf
bK said…
Thanks Bang.

Got the schematics,tapi isolation transformer tu 1:1 . agak susah skit nak cari lah.

Hehehe...

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Pi + svxlink = Low power echolink node

What is the easiest way to get echolink node up and running on raspberry pi? Surely, get a premade image which has everything inside. I've created one image which can fit into 2GB SD card for this, just follow the following steps to get it up and running:

For hardware, you need to have the following:
Raspberry Pi for sure, with a minimum 4GB SD cardA USB echolink interface, can be commercially sourced or DIY. There are many DIY schematics out there that you could follow.  Here is the configuration on how to get the things working together, courtesy of svxlink.de website:

For software:
Download the following prepared image from google drive, it is based on raspbian-2015-02-16 image and has pre-installed svxlink-14.08. raspi-wheezy-svxlink.img.zipUnzip the file and copy it to your SD card using the following instructions that can be found here.Boot up the RasPi, if you do not have an HDMI monitor, you may want to access the RasPi from your terminal emulator (putty or the like), connec…

Configuring TechniColor TG784N V3 (Maxis issued broadband router) to use different DNS servers

Previous write up deleted. It seems to change the DNS servers in as shown on the status, but it does not really work.

Check the following website, this seems to work:

http://www.o2help.co.uk/router-change-dns/

This can be done from the WEB GUI too, go into the following configuration path:


In my example above, I'm using paid service unblock-us instead of google public DNS servers.

Debugging DMEE

I've come across many posting on the Internet (via google search), people asking on how to debug a DMEE for payment program. One of the few suggestion was to create a user exit just before the node that we would like to debug and put our breakpoint there. It seems that SAP has built-in this feature without needing us to create a user exit (available in ECC 6, have no idea if this is available on prior releases). Here is how you can put your breakpoint without any coding.

1. Display your DMEE tree using transaction: DMEE_DEBUG.


2. Click on the node that you would like to debug.
3. Go to conditions tab, you could see the Set Breakpoint button. Click to set.



4. Run the SAPFPAYM and specified the payment run date/id, payment format etc. SAP will stop at the node which you point your breakpoint at, as in 2.
5. To remove your breakpoint, just run the DMEE_DEBUG again, there is an option to delete all own breakpoints or all.