Friday, 20 November 2009
What things running on my LHS?
1. samba - network storage for all PCs in the house (5 PCs running WinXP & 1 MBP on Snow Leopard)
2. aprs4r - APRS igate/digipeater to pass packets to and from aprs-is (amateur radio)
3. torrentflux b4rt - filesharing stuff
4. cups - sharing a single HL2140 laser printer for the whole house
5. firefly - streaming media files to iTunes media player
6. mediatomb - streaming media files to PS3
I think the LHS is still "under utilised" and thinking of adding more as time goes. For now, it is worth it to replace my old Buffalo LS2 to a full-fledge Linux Home Server.
I've always been interested in building my own radio. I've seen many projects available on the net which I could get my hands dirty ...
What is the easiest way to get echolink node up and running on raspberry pi? Surely, get a premade image which has everything inside. I'...
I've come across many posting on the Internet (via google search), people asking on how to debug a DMEE for payment program. One of the ...
Previous write up deleted. It seems to change the DNS servers in as shown on the status, but it does not really work. Check the following...