Wednesday 23 January 2008

HF portable antenna + looking for antenna analyser now

I've just got the HF portable antenna, the Buddistick that I ordered but I'm yet to try it out. My current QTH is surrounded by small hills and I guess its really restrict me from getting a good reception. I've tried it before with my dipole and what I could hear was only audio from the neighbour country, most probably no band opening on the time I did my monitoring?? Oh well, since I've the Yaesu FC-40, I should go for a long wire way I guess. I will try that later on .. my wife is going to Port Dickson and hopefully I can tag along and have a balcony facing the open sea. 

Anyway, I've received a not so good audio report lately when working out the usual repeater. There was lot of crackling noise together with my audio as what my friend said and usually I received them with load of crackling noise too. So, my base is out of commission right now, I've installed a temporary Slim-Jim antenna, just good for monitoring the VHF band at the moment. I'm really looking to invest on Antenna Analyzer now. I've put my eyes on the MFJ-259B. I was thinking of getting it from the UK, I'm going for a two week stint back at the main office in February but the price there is really killing me. I was quoted a £199 for the unit. Tried to order the unit from Universal Radio and get it shipped to my friend who is coming back in early Feb but I've just got an email saying that they're out of stock and it takes 2-3 weeks to get it shipped out. Guess the best thing to do is to cancel the order .. and my next try is to get it from R&L Electronics... hopefully they'll have it in stock and could manage to deliver it to my friend before he fly home.

No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...