Wednesday 29 August 2007

Radio .. am I crazy about amateur radio?? :D

I have no idea really .. it was a ham friend of mine who persuaded me to take up a radio amateur. I went for Radio Amateur Examination last June and I got my license (AA) last month. I was quite happy with a handy which I asked my friend to buy for me, a Yaesu FT-60R until one day, when I tried to start a conversation, it just died on me .. low battery and from that day .. I shy off from transmitting.

Last weekend, I went to Singapore with my family .. shopping for my first ever proper mobile rig. Spent around S$1000++ for a Yaesu FTM-10R, a power supply, SWR meter, vertical antenna (Diamond X200) and yagi antenna (Diamond A144S10).



Bought a 20' aluminum pole for my antenna mast and have my vertical antenna up. Had a short QSO with few ham friends. Still not get into the ham lingo, so sound a bit weird. Anyway .. here is my X200 up at the backyard.

No comments:

Calling MS SQL Stored Procedure from ABAP

One of the few things sometime coming up in your ticket request. Calling stored procedure from ABAP to remote SQL server.  How do we send th...